I learned a few things this year. At least.
- Time spent on a project does not always reflect in quality.
- Plan for everything and then round up another 20%. Diapers always be hittin the fan.
- Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing at all. Give it time, walk away, and come back fresh.
- You don’t have to solve everything.
- Peace and happiness don’t exist solely outsides of stress, sadness, or pain.
- Fear can keep you from making some really awesome choices. It can also keep you from making some really terrible ones too.
- There are worse things in life than sharing a shower with five other people but it may not feel like it at the time.
- Nothing is certain. Just because you have something today doesn’t entitle you to it tomorrow. That doesn’t make it any less of a blessing today.
- Loving a child, any child, is awesome.
In other news….
Here are some out of context moments from my week.
-A first grader told me “Sometimes I forget to brush my teeth in the morning. I forget stuff all the time. I don’t even remember what I got for Christmas last week!”
-“Don’t smack the crack!!”
-“Whoa! I just busted through that velcro like the Hulk!”
Me “Oh ya it’s getting old. It just doesn’t stick well anymore.”
“Are you sure it wasn’t just my bulging neck muscles?”
– “I’m officiating in a wedding this weekend and the bride texted me to ask what their song should be. I’m going with Baby Got Back.”